High School Teachers: Virtual Biotech Training - Stipend & Credit Available

High School Teachers: Virtual Biotech Training - Stipend & Credit Available

by Megan Eikleberry -
Number of replies: 0

The Colorado BioScience Institute has a virtual high school science teacher training, specific to Biotechnology, coming up this winter (info below).

118ee4e7-b6f5-4867-9e1d-1b3e6c7d1ac8.jpg?rdr=true

Grow Your Biotech Classroom Lab Skills

High School Virtual Teacher Training: Biotechnology in the Classroom 

Interactive virtual sessions:

January 11th 4PM-6PM

January 18th 4PM-6PM

January 25th 4PM-6PM

February 1st 4PM-6PM

Stipend

$400 stipend paid to participants upon completion of the course.

*Teachers must plan to teach in 2022/23 to quality and attend all four sessions for the full stipend

Credit

0.5 Graduate Level Continuing Education Credit offered from Colorado School of Mines (tuition covered by the Institute)

*Teachers must attend all four session for 0.5 credit

62cad9dc-a089-4ee2-868f-6950da2c83ed.jpg?rdr=true

Connect and build your community of practice with other Colorado educators teaching biotechnology! This is a unique opportunity for high school teachers to earn a stipend, credit, and classroom supplies all while learning virtually. 

The Biotechnology Experiences in the Classroom (Amgen Biotech Experience/LabXchange) teacher professional development program will provide high school science teachers the opportunity to learn a molecular biology curriculum designed to introduce students to the excitement of scientific discovery in the field of biotechnology. The curriculum is designed to allow teachers to have the opportunity to explore the methods scientists use to create biotechnology medicines.

You will have the opportunity to learn the Biotech Experience labs and lessons through a virtual experience utilizing ready-for-classroom materials. Through guest speakers, you will hear experts and employees in the local biotech industry share their insights. Through this course, you will gain valuable knowledge of the Biotech field to share with your students. 

Whether you are experienced with biotech or brand-new, we have an onramp for everyone!

Limited availability: This course has sold out previously — Apply now! Deadline December 22nd. 

Generous support for the Biotechnology Experience in the Classrooms training is provided by the Amgen Foundations and the Medtronic Foundation. 

What Participants Are Saying

“I think this is the most valuable PD I have ever been to in terms of increasing my abilities specifically as a science content teacher and gave me so much help in planning and executing my curriculum.”

Teacher, Anatomy & Physiology, Biochemistry, AP Biology

31b0f930-0912-4988-b287-48149c6b7cf7.png?rdr=true

118ee4e7-b6f5-4867-9e1d-1b3e6c7d1ac8.jpg?rdr=true

The Institute is a 501(c)3 non-profit that provides educational activities and opportunities for individuals and companies, students and educators related to the life science industry in Colorado.

S.gif