CDE has paid WIDA to provide these eWorkshops to Colorado teachers to earn EL PD hours for free. This will not be available forever. If you need assistance getting onto the WIDA website for access to the eWorkshops, contact the person(s) in your district who has/have an account to administer the ACCESS assessment, and they should be able to guide or assist you in gaining access to the site/workshops. EC BOCES does not have the capacity (is not able) to assist with the WIDA website.
Have you been meaning to try a WIDA Self-Paced eWorkshop to earn EL PD contact hours? Or perhaps you started one, but didn’t get a chance to finish? Don’t worry, you have until August 31, 2021, to access this year’s self-paced offerings:
- WIDA Writing Rubric
- Doing and Talking STEM
- Classroom Educators: Engaging Multilingual Newcomers
- Leading for Equity: Classroom Walkthrough
- Social Studies: Engaging Multilingual Learners through Inquiry
- Developing Language for Learning in Mathematics
- School Improvement Planning for Multilingual Learners
- The WIDA ELD Standards Framework: A Collaborative Approach
Visit the WIDA Self-Paced eWorkshops
webpage to view eWorkshop descriptions, estimated time to complete each course, and more.
If you’ve started an eWorkshop, and haven’t had a chance to complete it yet, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WIDA Secure Portal account and click on the WIDA eLearning Center tile.
- Click into the eWorkshop you started. Look to see if you have any green checkmarks on the Modules page (located on the left menu bar). This may help you determine where you left off.
- Work through the eWorkshop modules, which may include videos, handouts, and activities.
- When you’re finished, print a certificate to document your eWorkshop completion.
Questions? Visit your member/state page on the WIDA website for specific instructions from your State Education Agency, or contact the WIDA Client Services Center at 1-866-276-7735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your friends at WIDA