Hello Science Teachers and Leaders!
As you may know, the State Board recently reintroduced achievement on the CMAS science assessment into the school and district frameworks. Here is the draft 2024 Framework Scoring Guide.
If you are interested in learning more about high-quality, relevant, three-dimensional assessments that will prepare students for the three-dimensional items on CMAS science, please consider this FREE, virtual professional learning from Angela Landrum of CDE and Sara Cooper of CU Boulder. The first session is this Thursday.
The November-May sessions will be held on Thursdays from 4:00pm-6:00pm. The summer institute will be held June 10-13, 2024, from 9:00am-2:30pm each day.
- All sessions will be facilitated virtually via Zoom.
Module 1 – Cultivating Learner Centered Assessment Systems
- Nov. 16, 2023: Develop Our Vision for Science Learning and Student Performance
- Nov. 30, 2023: Center Students in our System
Module 2: Building a Foundation for Equitable 3D Assessment
- Dec. 14, 2023: Refine Our Priorities for Our Work and Grade Band Analysis
- Jan. 11, 2024: Analyze the Elements of a Target 3D Standard
- Jan. 25, 2024: Brainstorm Phenomena for Student Sensemaking
Module 4: Designing Assessments to Fulfill Our Vision
- Feb. 8, 2024: Task Design with a Focus on Phenomena
- Feb. 22, 2024: Task Design with a Focus on Scenarios
- Mar. 7, 2024: Task Design with a Focus on Coherence
- Mar. 21, 2024: Design a Paired Check & Connect
Module 5: Tending to Learner Artifacts
- Apr. 4, 2024: Seeing Student Work
- May 2, 2024: Analyzing and Interpreting Student Work
- Jun. 10, 2024: Anchoring Assessment in Curriculum, and Task Design with a Focus on Feedback
- Jun. 11, 2024: Interrogate our Vision from Multiple Perspectives, and Analyze our Local Assessment System
- Jun. 12, 2024: Using Student Work in Caring Ways, and Anchoring Assessment in Curriculum
- Jun. 13, 2024: Shifting from Grading to Appraising, and A Vision and Plan for Equitable Grading
**If interested in participating, email Angela Landrum Landrum_A@cde.state.co.us to register. She will send calendar invitations for each session to those who are interested.